1 1/2 c. a.p. flour
2 t. baking powder
pinch of salt
2 t. grated lemon zest (i used orange b/c that is all i had and it was still deelish)
1/2 c. well stirred plain whole milk yogurt
1 c. sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 c. veg oil
- preheat oven to 350
- butter and flour 9 in round cake pan
- in medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. add lemon zest and whisk to mix well.
- in large bowl, combine yogurt, sugar and eggs...stir to mix well.
- add flour mixture. whisk to combine.
- add oil and incorporate well. dont splash the oil up on your shirt like i did.
- bake 25-35 minutes, until set and cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
top with cream cheese frosting (once cooled and removed from pan)
in mixer combine 4 oz cream cheese, 1/2 stick soft unsalted butter....with paddle attachment on high speed until incorporated. add 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar. mix until sugar is no longer visible. add 3 T. whole milk. mix well.
Top with sliced and lightly sugared strawberries. I slice them and let them sit and stir a bit while making the frosting so they soften up a bit. Rasberries would also be lovely.
Have a super monday! Can't wait to share some exciting happenings in the culinary world. I am working on a breakfast and lunch menu for a local spot. Will keep you updated as it comes along, so be on the lookout! And thanks for following along...you mean so much to me!