at the library the other day...
and while wishing i had more time to lazily soak it up
i have rather enjoyed what i've delved into so far.
it is my favorite kind of book related to food;
a bit of reading enticing you into
salivating at the mouth for the recipe that follows.
thus far, ive wanted to make everything,
yet time and children seem to stall my hunger a bit.
and was so pleased to have a reason to
by delicious summer berries.
its a perfect go to summer dessert i believe would
pair fabulously with fresh unsweetened whip cream
and a nice cup of joe.
how terribly helpful this guy is in the kitchen?
no more comments on that.
so here goes:
blueberry rasberry pound cake:
2 c. plus 8 T. cake flour 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
1 t. baking powder 2 T. kirsch...or as i used 1 t. orange and lemon zest + 1 t. vanilla ext
1/2 t. salt 1 c. blueberries, rinsed and dried well
5 lg. eggs 1 c. rasberries, rinsed and dried well
1 2/3 c. sugar
- set oven rack to middle position. preheat to 300
- butter standard size 9 c. bundt pan...dust with flour
- medium bowl: wisk 2 c. flour plus 6 T. flour, bak.powder and salt
- mixer: blend eggs and sugar until thick and pale yellow...one minute
- add butter and kirsch and blend until fluffy.
- add dry ingredients (including zest if using) and process just to combine...dont overmix.
- toss berries with remaining flour. pour batter over berries and gently fold in.
- pour into pan and cook 1 hours to 1 1/4 hours.
- keeps 2-3 days.
*find the book info and even more fun on the author's blog