Saturday, July 31, 2010
Friday, July 30, 2010
1 c. flour
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. nutmeg
2 T. sugar
1 T. baking powder
2 c. (or one large) roasted sweet potato
1 c. whole milk
1/2 c. buttermilk
1/2 stick butter, melted, cooled
- combine dry ingredients in bowl
- in cuisinart puree sweet potatoes until smooth. add milk and buttermilk. mix well. add egg.
- add flour mixture to sweet pot mixture. whisk to combine
- slowly incorporate melted butter into batter. careful not to splash up in your face.
- cook on griddle according to the size of your liking. warning: they take a while to cook. be patient.
- mix mascarpone ingredients.
- serve pancakes topped with mascarpone mix, sprinkled with pecans and drizzed with warm maple syrup.
thats all folks.
hope your weekend is a little less rainy than mine.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
try the pour over
if you are a hot coffee drinker
or the insane amazing clover.
just trust me on this one.
we're currently working on putting together
a more elaborate breakfast and lunch menu
and some other special touches...
but for now we have a daily tarte and quiche, as well as
don't you worry burritos.
tarte...carmelized apple.red onion.bacon and honey creme fraiche.
quiche...spinach.mushroom and chive.
deelisha roo skee.
all in all its good to be back in the kitchen
even if its a rough go getting up,
im diggin it.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
hope all had a fabulous and relaxing weekend.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Sunday, July 18, 2010
i felt much better.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
declan's squatty tiny little legs...just looking at them while he stands on things makes me want to chomp on him....
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Sunday, July 11, 2010
1 1/2 c. a.p. flour
2 t. baking powder
pinch of salt
2 t. grated lemon zest (i used orange b/c that is all i had and it was still deelish)
1/2 c. well stirred plain whole milk yogurt
1 c. sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 c. veg oil
- preheat oven to 350
- butter and flour 9 in round cake pan
- in medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. add lemon zest and whisk to mix well.
- in large bowl, combine yogurt, sugar and eggs...stir to mix well.
- add flour mixture. whisk to combine.
- add oil and incorporate well. dont splash the oil up on your shirt like i did.
- bake 25-35 minutes, until set and cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
top with cream cheese frosting (once cooled and removed from pan)
in mixer combine 4 oz cream cheese, 1/2 stick soft unsalted butter....with paddle attachment on high speed until incorporated. add 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar. mix until sugar is no longer visible. add 3 T. whole milk. mix well.
Top with sliced and lightly sugared strawberries. I slice them and let them sit and stir a bit while making the frosting so they soften up a bit. Rasberries would also be lovely.
Have a super monday! Can't wait to share some exciting happenings in the culinary world. I am working on a breakfast and lunch menu for a local spot. Will keep you updated as it comes along, so be on the lookout! And thanks for following along...you mean so much to me!
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
picking up shells and driftwood,
and actually finding a starfish